Financial Education & Credit Counseling
This component of the Sure Card Benefits Plan provides you and your family with personalized financial and credit counseling services 24/7, 365 days per year. We provide access to counseling and financial education through a variety of delivery methods including telephone, online tools and live chat sessions.
Whether you are renting or buying a home, having problems with debt, or setting up a trust, this financial education program is designed to provide you and your family with the tools necessary to make better financial decisions. Personal financial guidance and education is provided by over 1,000 experienced financial counselors.
The following is an outline of the free services included with this program:
A complete financial assessment will include a review and analysis of your household income, expenses, assets and liabilities.
Credit & Debt Counseling by Certified Credit Counselors
A credit counselor takes the time to thoroughly understand and assess current credit and debt issues. They will:
– Assist in creating a livable budget to balance income and expenses
– Provide specific advice on how to deal with creditors
– Offer money management and budgeting techniques to help gain control of finances
– Develop a comprehensive spending plan
– Create an action plan to become debt free
” Ask Susan ” Online Counseling Sessions
A unique opportunity to receive a personalized response to questions on subjects such as loans, budgeting, credit reporting, collections, dealing with debt, and much more. Email your questions to receive a personal response on these and other financial subjects.
Housing Advisory Services
– Advice covering first time homeownership, affordable mortgages and refinancing
– Post purchase counseling
– Reverse mortgages – what are they and how do they work
Online Tools & Articles
Access online articles designed to inform, assist, educate and alert you in all areas of credit, money management and how to get help.
– Online tools for budgeting
– Articles designed to help make smart financial decisions
– Articles designed to help with family financial and purchasing decisions
– Hotlinks to a wide variety of consumer resources on topics such as lending, credit reports, credit cards and vehicle purchasing and financing
– Easy-to-use online calculators to help get finances back on track. Calculators are available to help with budgeting, and vehicle and home financing
– Tests and quizzes to gain a better understanding of how to improve money management skills
Five private self-paced courses, presented by Visa, that teach the skills needed for smart money management
Get the package that can really save you some green! Join Now